RE: Very Long hanged call

openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I will add some patches today that will prevent SOME hanged calls
> - at least those for which H.245 channel establishment failed and
> TCP signalling connection has been broken.

The latter problem only occurs in an established call where the
other party ends the call. There are some operators of a certain
type of telephone numbers (adult/games) who don't ever want to
hang up on a call, costing the customer lots of money.

For a GNUgk in proxy mode this is not that difficult to detect when
it hasn't received RTP messages from an active endpoitn for a
certain amount of time (2 minutes? and yes, silence detection is
ofcourse an exception).

Maybe GNUgk should actively poll all registered endpoints with IRQ
messages...

--
Andreas Sikkema                Rits tele.com
Scheepmakersstraat 11      3011 VH Rotterdam