Re: gnugk behind NAT questions

Hi,

At 01:30 PM 12.09.2004, you wrote:
Stewart, thanks!
I didn't know that this functionality have released in gnugk. I demand from
customers that they used real public addresses for their endpoints even
behind a NAT.

I was thinking about it until I got answers from you guys:)

The truth at such approach is small advantage - disappears necessity for
registrations, acknowledgements and so on (or there is a hole in security?).
At the first opportunity I'll check up the functionality described by you.

I'll try too, I wanna see how it works and how it will reflect billing.

Then it becomes abundantly clear that so-called "NAT problems or questions"
are not connected almost to GNUGK configuration and are problems of
adjustment of NAT's. And to solve similar problems not too difficultly: it is
necessary to start sniffer (ethereal or another) in all three points and
closely to look, how to occur translation of addresses in headers of packets
and in a content.

Yes, I should definitely check the connections with the sniffer.

regards,

Ganbold

Regards,
Igor