Re: Slightly different endpoint registration question

On Thursday 09 September 2004 13:23, Michael Bourgon wrote:
> I'm trying to manage several videophones using the Open323GK.  Thanks to the list, I've gotten it so that registered endpoints can call anyone or each other, while rejecting calls from non-registered endpoints.  (fwiw, these endpoints, unlike netmeeting, will call out successfully)
> So I need the endpoints to be able to register.  I'm using IP address to do this, since I can't do password.
>
> The problem that I'm now running into is that I have an endpoint that moves from location to location.  Ideally, you could call "2" and get it, whereever it is.  It's a fairly dumb endpoint - my gatekeeper options are limited to IP address of gatekeeper, and gatekeeper alias (which must be a number).   Any suggestions?

I solved the problem of anonymous (kind of endpoint that does not have password, like netmeeting)

the idea is:

1) the sql module logs it in the database by the time they
	try to register....
2) it consults a table (in the database) and look for the dialled digits
	and the H323ID...
3) if they do not match, or do not have an entry in the database
	the postgres procedure sends an assyncromous notification
	to the status-port program that.... unregister the named endpoint
	with that H323ID...

so you can let all the endpoints enter your gatekeeper but only
those who has entries in the postgres table with id and name
will register...

Sergio.