Re: alternateGK-ST

Did u get yr these problems fixed. or alternateGKs has these bugs.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Freddy Parra" <fparra@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 07:34 PM
Subject: RE:  alternateGK-ST

I like to point out some behavior issues I've come across when using
Alternate Gatekeeper that one should be aware of.

1.) GK1 has GK2 set as Alternate and if GK2 is shutdown or crashes then GK1
will have problems completing calls. I've come across this behavior when
sending calls from my Cisco gateways. It seems like the Cisco gateways(not
sure if it only applies to Cisco) have problems when using an alternate
gatekeeper that is down even though calls are being sent to GK1. I did a
debug in Cisco and noticed that even though calls were being sent to GK1,
Cisco was having time issues when looking for Alternate Gatekeeper. This
seem to make alot of calls fail. So the down side is that once must make
sure that GK2 is always running.

2.) GK1 has GK2 set as Alternate and GK2 has GK1 set as alternate too. Then
if calls are being sent to GK1 and GK2 shuts down then all endpoints in GK1
are also unregistered and all calls are disconnected. I assume the reverse
applies too.

Freddy