Re: FreeBSD user

On Tuesday 24 August 2004 05:27, Andrew Grillet wrote:
> > On Tuesday 24 August 2004 07:50, Zygmuntowicz Michal wrote:
>
> Please can this information be added to the manual!
>
> > Please note, that having LARGE_FDSET=32768 is not the best idea.
> > It will degrade performance. The rule of thumb is:
> > MAX NUMBER OF CONCURRENT CALLS * 10 * 120%
> >
> > 10 = 2 sockets for Q.931 + 2 sockets for H.245 + 6 sockets for RTP
> >         and other stuff.
> >
> > So for <=100 concurrent calls you need LARGE_FDSET=1024.
> >
> regards
>
> Andrew

Ok thanks...  the formulae is now archived in my
"recepies" ....
But really I see no change visible in performance
for systems running FBSD 5.2x with fdset to large numbers...
and I will need some gatekeepers in excess of 1000 connections... I am
thinking in sun opteron dual servers or dual sparc... running FreeBSD
the idea is to offer small (but large number) of gatekeepers all in network
arranged like a n tree... that one routes call to others and accepts
call from the other as well. My first experience with 30 gatekeepers in a
2 level tree is amazing... and I did not put the gatekeepers in the
same lan... they are 50 to 200ms apart... and using Myphone client software
with codec 723/729a it works very good with a delay of less than one second..
a call originanted in one gatekeeper that tranverse other 2 and reach pstn
and end in a cell phone (cdma) has a delay of about 1 second...

By the time this project is accept, and revenues comes, for sure I will
invest $$$ in the gnugk/openh323 project...... some months to come

Sergio