Re: FreeBSD user

Hi Vladimir,

> On Tuesday 24 August 2004 18:28, Vladimir Botka wrote:
>
> few months ago I tried to build gnugk on 4.10 with dependancy
> problems (from cvsuped port collection). Now I run gatekeeper-2.0.5_1
> on 5.2.1 with no problems. My recomendation is to switch to 5.X.
> Gnugk and dependancies are still in development. 4.X should be
> considered for stable production environment. So if you want to keep
> up with the head versions of Gnugk switch to 5.X .

Are you suggesting I could build on 5.2.1 and then run the compiled code
on 4.11? Will this work? I would not expect it to!

As I understand it, an upgrade from 4.x to 5.x requires going into
single user mode - ie losing network connectivity. Since the machine is
in a colo facility, 10 miles away, this means going there and
overseeing the install. I prefer not to do this, but if I have to, I
will.

I am expecting to use gnugk on FreeBSD as a production system, but since
the main reason to use the gk is to route our calls to commercial
termination companies, I need to keep a log of which company got which
call! Hence sqlacct sounds like the answer to a maiden's prayer.

regards

Andrew