Re: 2.2Beta4

> On Monday 23 August 2004 10:29, Zygmuntowicz Michal wrote:
> You will not get SQLAcct support in 2.2b4, as it was not
> present at the time 2.2b4 was released.
> Downloading just sqlacct.cxx and sqlacct.h will not help.
> You need to get a fresh 2.2b5 cvs.

How do I do that? there is no download pre-prepared at the heanet
mirror.

> I agree that this kind of errors should be reported more
> verbosely.
That would be nce, but what I would like is for it to be considered
fatal to ask for accounting and not get it!

> But you should also agree that trying to combine
> something from different pieces is not the best way too.
> Especially that this kind of errors are easy to trap - usually
> one makes a test call after installing a new software - no CDR
> in the database => something is wrong.

I fully suport the need for testing everything. It was my testing that
alerted me to the problem.

I am also not trying to be an old moaner or to blame peole for trying to
produce a product in step by step stages, all of which I fully support.

I AM trying to contribute constructive criticism, since that is about
all I can do at this stage of my experience of gnugk. Obvously,
people's use of english varies, and writen English does not show the
tone of voice which spoken English does. Some people may have
interpreted my efforts to be as clear as I can be about something I
dont fully understand as aggressive ranting. That was not how I meant
it to come across. I am fairly tough, and ready to take any criticism
myself as well intended, and not deterred, or even offended, by people
who misread my intentions.

This is not intended as personal criticism of you, but is just an
attempt to alert others who read this thread to the posibility that
they may have misinterpreted other's intentions. (Mine or my critics')

regards

Andrew