From: openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Michael Bourgon
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 4:31 PM
To: openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  Basic question - blocking calls from
non-specified addresses?

Thanks for the info.  I thought RAS had something to do with Radius.  It turns out my endpoints do support RAS, so I've set this and certain things seem to work like I expect.  You can't call them unless you're registered with the gateway, so that's good.  And calling between registered endpoints works as well.

However, I want them to be able to call non-registered endpoints.  When I try (making sure to call the IP address and not the alias of the unit) to call an unregistered endpoint with a registered endpoint, I get a message that says that it can't connect, that the unit isn't registered with the gatekeeper.

This is what the .9 Java GUI gives:

ARJ|xx.xx.xx.xx:1720|yy.yy.yy.yy:h323_ID|brandon:h323_ID=8175551212:dialedDigits=brandon:h323_ID=8175551212:dialedDigits|false|calledPartyNotRegistered;

(where xx is the registered caller's IP, and the recipient's is yy)

Here's my gatekeeper.ini, with all non-empty sections:
[Gatekeeper::Main]
Fourtytwo=42
Name=OpenH323GK

[RoutedMode]