Re: ExternalPassword Auth Question

You have to return a clear text password - not the hash. - ok will try with that. PS: Your emails are hard to read - no newlines displayed in my Evolution email reader. - thanks for the pointer, my mail client doesn't seem to be recognizing new lines in Evolution .. will fix it !! I am using openphone as the endpoint and 'am setting the username and alias at the General Menu. As i figure, the ep would register with the gatekeeper with the username and not the alias, if both exist. Now, using ExternalPassword Auth, i went through the code in gkauth.cxx, there is a function bool ExternalPasswordAuth::GetPassword(const PString & id, PString & passwd) { . . } the 'id', gets the value of the username. My questions : 1. What do i do to make sure that i get the alias value and not the username value, here ? 2. If there are any code tweaks, some pointers in the right direction would be very helpfull ? thanks !! Rgds, rahul