Re: FreeBSD question

On Saturday 14 August 2004 07:19, Michal Zygmuntowicz wrote:
> You can use the cvs tool to checkout the latest sources
> and look into contrib/sqlbill directory.
Ok thanks....

I am finishing the package for the whole thing
pwlib 1.5.2 static and shared libs
openh323... libintl, expat....

all for the FreeBSD versions 5.2.x (not current...)
they can be reached at:
pkg_add -v ftp://cwb.lztech.com.br/packages/All/gatekeeper-2.0.8_2.tbz

it install all dependecies and if you need the postgres libpq, it can be
reached there too at:

pkg_add -v ftp://cwb.lztech.com.br/packages/All/postgresql-7.4.3-libs.tbz

hope tomorrow for the -current compilled with gcc-3.4.2
for the current FreeBSD...

I recomend this system because of the stability
and easy to install and maintain...

FreeBSD also has an embedded ppp utility
that talks over internet using tcp or udp...

You just set up the utility (is in the system when you install it)...
and you can make vpn using ppp over tcp or udp... that makes
no need to set up adsl routers or port/address remaping..
as the BSD boxes will talk each other in the vpn. Besides with
the compression active on the ppp logic it allows trafic inside
the vpn be about 30% faster than the vpn itsself...
and the delay is only about 1 to 5 ms...

Hope this can help...

Sergio