malformed gatekeeperRequest from the GNUGK

I'm having a problem with the GNUGK when it tries to
register with a parent gatekeeper created in my config
file as an [Endpoint].  I haven't seen anything in the
archives about it.  I'm seeing the problem on the
2.2Beta4 version and I did not see this problem on the
2.0.7 version.  It seems when GNUGK is started the
gatekeeperRequest is sent to my parent gatekeeper but
the message seems to be malformed.  I've tried running
this with older versions of oh323 and pwlib and the
lastest versions and get the same problem.  I see the
problem on both the Linux and windows versions.  Was
just curious if anyone else has seen this?