Re: rtphandler

how was the rtp handled previosly? what is the default if i dont include it in my config?
David Winter
Senior Network Engineer
Planet-Telecom, Inc.
Tampa FL
(813)901-5182 Office
(813)864-3162 Direct
(813)817-4204 Mobile
(813)881-9762 Fax
AIM:     mobofool
ICQ:      3563403
MSN:    dwinter@xxxxxx
Y!:        vt_fool

Zygmuntowicz Michal wrote:
200 means you have 200 threads handling 200 calls
- this is not probably what you want. I'd suggest smaller
value, like 50 or (at most) 100.
Regarding RtpHandlerNumber - I don't know what values
we should use, as it is a new option, but I would put here
small values (as in contrast to CallSignalHandlerNumber),
like 1-10.

The reason is simple:
CallSignalHandler usually has to insert/remove call records,
perform authorization/accounting, so processing of a single
message may take some time. In order to maximize message
throughput, we increase number of threads handling signaling
messages.
RtpHandler only reads and forwards UDP packets, so it does
not perform (almost) any processing. So it does not make any
sense to have more than a few threads handling RTP packets.