Re: Help

Hi Fernando,

>  When I changed Gkrouted and H245routed to zero, and DMZed an EP,
>  I was able to call the DMZed EP but had no audio on both ends.

This is to be expected.  The H.245 packets specified private addresses,
and audio sent there would obviously not arrive.

> I them changed to Gkrouted=0, H245routed=1. The NATed EP called the
> DMZed EP and audio was heard on the DMZed EP but the NATed EP has no
> audio. The NATed EP is the EP on the Linksys router. Any idea why?

The Linksys probably sent out the audio packets with a different source
port than the media port used by the EP.  There was then no NAT
association for the incoming stream.

See if setting ProxyForNAT=1 helps.  Depending on your network, this
may cause problems with delay and/or choppy voice, and has a performance
penalty, so it may not be a solution for a production environment.

Alternatively, can you set the EP on the Linksys as DMZ also?  If not,
set up UDP port forwarding for the media ports.  If you want incoming
calls to work, you also need to forward TCP port 1720, and whatever is
needed for H.245 .  If you can't get incoming H.245 to work properly,
use fast start and/or H.245 tunneling.

Also, note that H245Routed implies GKRouted.  Otherwise, the EP would
not know to send the H.245 to the GK in the first place!

Good luck,

Stewart