From: Alex Lee [mailto:fly_knife_lee@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 10:02 PM
To: Kanuri, Seshu; openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  OpenPhone and analog phone question

Hi,

This is from the manual of gw-3000, hope it helps.

When the IP address of the GW-3000 is lost, you basically have no way to
communicate with your GW-3000 through the network. In this case, you need to
reset the IP address of the GW-3000 to a known value. Depending on the model
type , there are two different ways to recover an  IP address as explained
in the following sections.

7.3.1           FXS Model IP Address Recovery
To recover the IP address of the FXS model (GW-3004/3002/3004S) to a known
value, please follow the simple procedure below:

1.      Connect a standard analog telephone to any voice port of the FXS
model.

2.      Pick up the handset and confirm that there is a dial tone.

Note : If a dial tone is not present, connect the phone to another port. If
there is no dial tone with any ports please contact customer support.

3.      Push ¡§*¡¨ key for more than 15 seconds.

Note : The ¡§*¡¨ tone must be present for more than 15 seconds. Depending on
the telephone you are using if the dial tone is not continuous please use
another telephone.

4.      Confirm that all yellow LEDs for voice channel status are starting
to blink.

5.      While these yellow LED¡¦s are blinking release the ¡§*¡¨ key. It is
very important that the ¡§*¡¨ is help down until the yellow LED¡¦s are
flashing AND that the ¡§*¡¨ is released while the LED¡¦s are still blinking.

6.      Note the rebooting process should now start (all the yellow LEDs for
each voice channel are blinking), hang up.

7.      After the rebooting is completed, the FXS unit is configured with
the following IP address:

        IP Address : 192.168.10.2

        Net Mask : 255.255.255.0

        Default Gateway : (None)

Note : This procedure is only valid for FXS model (GW-3004/3002/3004S).

Regards,

Alex