Re: Alternate Routing and Call Retries...

> This is what we need:
>
> Phone Call comes in:
> 	Try carrier #1
> 	if that fails, Try Carrier #2
> 	if that fails, Try Carrier #3
> 	if that fails, Try Carrier #4
> 	if that fails, Try Carrier #n....
> 	Reject call

i have thought about your scenerio and dont think this is the best idea on how
to handle this. my concerns are WHY the call might fail. in example, if the
call fails do to ISDN code "user busy" then i would not want to tie up
additional resources on my network trying this call 6 times with 6 carriers.
additionaly codes like invalid numbering plan due to incorrect dialing and
possible some other ISDN codes again i would not want to re-try. i would like
to retry on codes like "no circuit-no channel" or other no facility available
errors. other users may want to fail or roll calls based on call failed ISDN
messages. in summary, i think to simply rotate a failed call through 6
carriers is not practical.

> Also talking to our traffic manager, he wants to be able to try the same
> carrier multiple times.. This will be indicated as a parameter in the
> rewritten string.

i also question this as rolling calls or multiple re-trys might create
significant PDD issues as the calling party hears dead air while all these
attempts are being performed. again the nature of the failure would determine
why you would re-try a call.

> Our initial thoughts:
>
> The main thing is a way to indicate to the GK that there are multiple
> phone numbers, and then how to proceed. For our INITIAL development, we
> are going to do hardcoding of the "RE-WRITTEN" numbers.

this i agree with you as an issue. each termination carrier may have different
tech prefixes so each call attempt will have to have a new re-written number.

just my comments.
regards
ray