Re: CPM and GNUGK

> I am trying to test CPM to GNUGK connectivity.
>
> Has anyone done this? pls help.

Unless you have bought CPM's opengatekeeper (you must have their software
ver. 4.0 in order to use that) you cannot use CPM with normal h.323
endpoints, because CPM has "invented" such a h.323 protocol which works with
their own equipment and NetMeeting only. If you try to interconnect CPM with
any normal h.323 endpoint CPM dies parsing h.323 messages. I had some succes
writing CPM-h.323 translator, but I have only achieved positive results in
direction h.323(cisco, OpenH323, agatRT softswitch)->CPM. On the reverse
direction it still does not work and I don't know whether I will have some
time to analyse this problem in the future as our voip is service is
approaching its end of life.

Basically to achieve interconnectivity with CPM you must make a signalling
proxy which converts every h.225 and h.245 message into a form which CPM
understands (write a new PDUs and send them to the CPM). Also you should
send accounting messages to the CPM (I managed to do that) so in the CPM
billing manager you will see correct call duration. CPM's h.323 stack dies
instead of ignoring when it receives a message it cannot decode. Besides
that, CPM does not support FastStart and it does not support G.723.1 5.3
Kbps version codec, so you won't be able to interconnect cisco and CPM if
cisco uses 5.3 Kbps codec. It's true for CPM ver. 3.34

If you have E1/T1 version of CPM board, it seems it's based on NMS (natural
microsystems) AG series. So, maybe there are some software for these NMS
boards and you could throw away CPM software and use another.
If someone from CPM development team reads this list, maybe they will reveal
more details (I doubt it).

regards,
Aldevinas