Re: Proxied calls

Hi,

This depends a lot on your specific devices.

1. If you have only one device on the LAN, it will usually work to set it
   as the DMZ host (and turn on SupportNATedEndpoints).  If your devices
   are e.g. analog telephone adapters, you may be able to use one large
   gateway, instead of a few small ones.

2. If your devices let you specify the port numbers used for media streams,
   it should be possible to set them to unique ranges, and set the router
   to forward the appropriate ranges to the corresponding devices.

3. The ProxyForNAT option may work for you.  This basically causes the
   media stream to be sent back to whatever port gnugk sees it coming from.
   It usually works fine once a call is connected, but many devices won't
   send audio until a CONNECT message, so you may not hear ringing, busy
   signals, error announcements, etc.

4. I assume that by 'router' you mean a NAT router with only a single
   public IP on the WAN side.  Your ISP may provide an option for e.g. 5
   public IPs at a modest price.  You could then either put the VoIP devices
   on the WAN side of the router, or use a router that permits configuring
   1:1 NAT between the additional public addresses and the corresponding
   device private addresses.

Good luck,

Stewart