Re: GnuGK on FreeBSD-5.2

I've just finished checking in some changes to fix this exact problem.

The previous mechansim for loading plugins relied on the link order of
modules, and on Solaris, this often caused problems. It also caused some
odd behaviour in other environments as well.

Over the past week I have completely changed the way plugins are loaded
to use an "abstract factory" template class. This allows the loading of
plugins to be deferred until "main" has been started.

I'm in the process of recompiling everything on Solaris right now to
verify that this does indeed fix the problem, but some preimimary tests
of the abstract factory classes are very promising.

   Craig

On Wed, 19 May 2004 02:59:28 +0400 (MSD)
"PS" <block111@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Have you tried to run gnugk? I got wierd problems (even it compiled without a single error...) and had to roll back to an older version (I use FreeBSD 4.9)
>
> PS. I haven't seen these problems on windows though.
>
> >I gave a shot to the latest cvs and it compiles and installs! fine
> >on Solaris. But there exists some problem with plugins. simph323
> >does not detect any plugin (but the plugins are correctly installed
> >at the default location - /usr/local/lib/pwlib/...) and codecinfo
> >application coredumps just after displaying an initial banner.

 Craig Southeren, craigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.postincrement.com
 Post Increment - Software, Consulting and Services
 Co-founder of the only open source H.323 project
 Phone: +61 2 43654666   Fax: +61 2 43673140   Mobile: +61 417 231046
 MSN: craig_southeren@xxxxxxxxxxx      ICQ: #86852844
 Jabber: CraigS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   Blog: http://www.southeren.com/blog
 PGP :http://www.postincrement.com/pgp.txt