From: openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of david winter
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 6:40 PM
To: openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Max number of calls

More questions, in this hierarchy, i assume anyone registering to me would register to the top level GK process machine, but the rtp would be directed to one of the proxy machines? and the proxy machine would have prefixes to route the call on. am i seeing this correctly?

David Winter
Senior Network Engineer
Planet-Telecom, Inc.
Tampa FL
(813)901-5182 Office
(813)864-3162 Direct
(813)817-4204 Mobile
(813)881-9762 Fax
AIM:     mobofool
ICQ:      3563403
MSN:    dwinter@xxxxxx
Y!:        vt_fool

Zygmuntowicz Michal wrote:
You can even do this with GnuGk. It can be run in direct signalling mode
(only RAS) and then you can setup N permanent endpoints (GnuGk proxies)
with the same prefix. Then the master gatekeeper will distribute incoming
calls to the proxies in a round robin fashion. This way you have well scalable
solution. Of course the question is whether round robin policy is the best one,
but this is another issue.

Craig Southeren <craigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

A single gatekeeper process can easily handle thousands of registrations,
but there is no way it can also handle the call proxying for that number
of users at any useful utilisation ratio. And for systems that need to
support tens of thousands of users, with thousands of simultaneous calls,
a distributed system of proxies and GK will always be needed.

And yes, such a system does exist :)

  Craig