Re: Openh323 with Cisco Callmanager?

Hi,

after struggeling many hours with cisco callmanager 4.0, ohphone and gnugk I
want to share my experience, because I only found small documentation on the
net.

I can now phone call from a Debian/GNU Linux ohphone to other phone numbers
registered at the callmanager. These numbers direct to other softphones or to
the international area via a cisco gateway.

In the gatekeeper.ini I had to switch off GKRouted and set the prefix routes:
[RoutedMode]
GKRouted=0
H245Routed=1
CallSignalPort=1720
CallSignalHandlerNumber=1
RemoveH245AddressOnTunneling=1
AcceptNeighborsCalls=1
AcceptUnregisteredCalls=1
SupportNATedEndpoints=1
DropCallsByReleaseComplete=1

[RasSrv::GWPrefixes]
mytrunk=17,0

[RasSrv::PermanentEndpoints]
# For gateway (callmanager IP)
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX=mytrunk;17,0

On the callmanager I had to add a "trunk" with a unique device name (not an
IP), which appears as an alias in the gnugk when callmanager registers at the
GK. The callmanager needs a gatekeeper (gnugk) and uses it with the terminal
type "gateway". The ohphone has to be added as H.323 phone device, with
signaling port 1720 and your specific "call search space". Depending of the
prefix, the calls are routed to local phones or outgoing via a cisco gateway
router.

- Oliver