RE: Re[3]: CallSignalHandlerNumber

Hello,

In the past I have expiremented with these values and be sure to use win2k
server as your operating platform to not run into the limitations of the w32
Operating system regarding the max amount of tcp sockets or you might be
able to tweak the values in the registers yourself.

The real maximum amount of calls that I was able to reach on 1 w32 box in a
bench mark was about 3000. But the machine is very sluggish and does not
react well to any commands anymore.

As a note but of minor importance is that all my heavy loaded environments
are put on linux and only small childs ( they handle up to 100 proxied
calls) located at customers to do the proxy trick. My experience tells me
that gnugk performs excellent on linux ( I use RH9) for the heavier loaded
environments.

Another invention is that I use a lot of VPNed parent child situations to
nicely break out of clients that are using nated environments so all the
proxying is done at the client site and my parent does route and control the
call but does not proxy the traffic. Penetrating nat is one of the great
things of the gnugk but also a serious security issue regarding NAT policy
for the majority of my clients.

Tjapko.