From: openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Zygmuntowicz Michal
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 1:00 PM
To: openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RE:  CallSignalHandlerNumber

Nice stats! Keep going:)

One remark - your bottleneck may be RAS handling thread.
While CallSignalHandlerNumber controls a number of threads
for signalling channels (for 400 calls it should be enough to set
it to some number definitelly smaller than 100), RAS messages
are handled sequentially only by one thread. You may try replacing
2.0 with 2.2 to see if there is any performance gain.

One thing came to my mind. Windows SDK enforces limit of 64 sockets
per thread by default. Maybe this is your bottleneck too. You can control
this by setting FD_SETSIZE preprocessor macro. After setting this
macro to some nice values (like 256 or more), you have to recompile
everything (PWLib, OpenH323 and GnuGk). The macro has to be set
in each of the projects (PWLib, OpenH323, GnuGk).
Having FD_SETSIZE with its default value, you are limiting GnuGk
to at most 32 calls per signaling handler. And you may run into additional
troubles.

Regards,
Michal