OpenSSL on latest cvs of pwlib error

I used Craig's OpenSSL v0.97c precompiled binary placed in C:\OPENSSL as
recommended and it was correctly detected by configure. On compiling the debug
version of pwlib I find:-

--------------------Configuration: pwtest - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling...
precompile.cxx
Compiling...
main.cxx
resources.cxx
Generating Code...
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
"C:/openssl/out32.dbg/ssleay32.lib"
Error executing link.exe.

pwtest.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

In the case of the Release version of pwlib, I got the following warnings:-
--------------------Configuration: pwtest - Win32 Release------------------
Linking...
LINK : warning LNK4199: /DELAYLOAD:ssleay32.dll ignored; no imports found from
ssleay32.dll
LINK : warning LNK4199: /DELAYLOAD:libeay32.dll ignored; no imports found from
libeay32.dll
LINK : warning LNK4089: all references to "SHELL32.dll" discarded by /OPT:REF