Re: Latest CVS compiled on Win2K successfully

Hi Franz,

> From: "Franz J Ehrengruber \(iptelenet\)" <franz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > My Antivirus program (www.pspl.com) always detects
> > svchost.exe as a virus and keeps renaming it.
> Refer this question to www.pspl.com, you may have picked up something
nasty
> during the long download of service pack 4.

I installed the following updates from MS and the virus problem went away
and the GNUgk is running correctly as a service now without the Anti-Virus
program complaining about the svchost.exe/vxe anymore:-
Security Update for Windows 2000 (KB828028)
Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB828749)
Security Update for Microsoft Windows 2000 (KB828035)
Security Update for Microsoft Windows 2000 (KB825119)
Security Update for Microsoft Windows 2000 (KB826232)
Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB824105)
Security Update for Windows 2000 (KB823182)
Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB819696)
Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB824141)
Security Update for Windows 2000 (KB824146)
823559: Security Update for Microsoft Windows
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 5.01 Service Pack 4
(KB832894)
Security Update for Microsoft Data Access Components (KB832483)
814078: Security Update (Microsoft Jscript version 5.1, Windows 2000)

> > Also the GNUgk caused the 6 errors of missing Winber.h
> > for the LDAP versions. The active directory client only
> > exists for NT and 9x on the Win2K CD.
> For the 3rd TIME! To be able to COMPILE and LINK the gnugk project file
with
> the HAS_WLDAP pre-processor definition, you NEED to INSTALL the platform
> SDK. If for some reason you don't want to install above SDK, contact me
off
> list for a compiled gnugk.exe with windows LDAP support.

I am now downloading the Platform SDK files from MS available at:-
http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/psdk-full.htm
Size (bytes): 342,000,000
Last Updated: February 2003
Build: 3790.0

If anyone has a link to just the necessary files, do let me know.

Ap.Muthu