Compatibility problem between IP/VC 3526 PRI Videoconference GW and OpenH323GK

Hi all,

My name is Victor and I am working with GNU GK and an Cisco IP/VC 3526 PRI (in fact it is a Radvision ViaIP 100).

The OpenH323 GK is configured in H.225 Routed mode and the mentioned VC GW is registered in it along with an H.323 endpoint.

When I try to call this terminal from ISDN using the internal IVR, the call cannot be established. That is, the method used by the VC GW to run internal IVR is a bit weird.

Firstly the VC GW calls itself (yes, it is true, but it how it really works) because this is what really triggers the IVR. Then, once the GW has obtained the extension number from the ISDN user, it sends the GK a Facility message (CallForward) specifiying the destination number. What the OpenH323 GK does is to send a ReleaseComplete to one of the ports of the VC GW (remember that there is a call established between two different ports at the GW) and send a H.225 Setup message to the destination (the H.323 terminal). Then, this terminal sends the Alerting (which is received by the VC GW as well). However unexpectedly, the VC GW sends a RelesaseComplete and the call cannot be established.

The most surprising thing is that If I try it configuring the GK in Direct Mode, and H.225/H.245 Routed mode, it works perfectly!!

I have monitored the packets with Ethereal in the H.225/H.245 routed mode case and I saw how the Facility message sent by the VC GW is forwarded by the GK to the other port of the GW (the port which receives the auto-call). Then in this case, is the VC GW which Releases and forwards the call towards the destination.

I send three Ethereal capture corresponding to each case.

H.323 Terminal : 172.22.22.33
VC Gateway: 172.22.22.6
OpenH323 GK 10.1.2.3

NOTE: If you see the packets duplicated is because of a router that is in the middle but it only do routing tasks.

Well, Is there anybody who has know such problem before? Is there a solution?

Please this issue is very very urgent!!

Thank you very much for your attention.

¿Vas a comprar algo a través de Internet? Ordénalo por el mejor precio en MSN Compras. http://www.msn.es/compras/