OpenH323GK breaking under load

Lists,

As part of voip deployment, we have a customer gatekeeper sending
traffic to ours in GK-GK full proxy mode. All works well on the test
rig, but as soon as live traffic is turned on, the GK grinds to a halt,
timing out on call setups. This would eventually make it impossible to
get to the status port, let alone issuing any commands to it.

Looking further, it seems to be the call setup rate that is at fault,
rather than the actual number of calls: if 30 calls were setup in
sequence, one second apart, the GK works fine and holds it's own. Live
traffic is coming into the GK at an average of 5 calls per second, and
when this is let loose, the GK is exhibiting the behavior described
earlier.

I've tried this on both a 2.0.7 and 2.2b3 setup, together with the
latest PWLib and OpenH323 libraries I could get my hands on, at no
avail. Variety of hardware was used, including a dual Xeon Compaq
Proliant, with 2Gb or memory and 500Gb RAID array, all running RedHat
Linux 9.0 with latest available RedHat updates and patches.

At first site, this looks like a threading issue. Question is which part
? the Linux threading libraries or the GK and co part ?. Has anyone been
across this ? any resolutions/thoughts/..etc ?

Many Thanks,

Ahmad Ibrahim.