Re: NetMeeting, GnuGK and LDAP backend

Michal,

I know that NetMeeting has the ability to use certificates for privacy
and authentication, but all of the documentation I have seen seems to
imply that it still uses T.120 to do the certificate verification.

Given that NetMeeting was written before H.235 was created, this makes
sense, but I have not actually verified this is the case. Do you have
any information on this?

   Craig

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:18:06 +0100
"Zygmuntowicz Michal" <m.zygmuntowicz@onet.pl> wrote:

> Another way would be to do per-call authentication based
> on digital certificates. The gatekeeper should have then access
> to users public keys and could verify the certificates.
> But it would require some work on new authenticators
> for the gatekeper...

 Craig Southeren, craigs@postincrement.com http://www.postincrement.com
 Post Increment - Software, Consulting and Services
 Co-founder of the only open source H.323 project
 Phone: +61 2 43654666   Fax: +61 2 43673140   Mobile: +61 417 231046
 ICQ: #86852844          MSN: craig_southeren@hotmail.com
 GnuPG Public Key:  http://www.postincrement.com/pgp.txt
 Blog:              http://www.southeren.com/blog/