RE: Nondeleted call

Igor,

I understand. While reading your event flow it looks that the disability to
open a proxychannel for this call caused the call eventually to hang in the
call table. ( So likely first step is to find out what is the exact cause
for this problem?)

I had problems on the call completion part after the release complete was
generated so it seem like different issues. Nevertheless In your trace I
see a release complete from gnugk to your endpoint but nothing is coming
back from your endpoint to acknowledge the release complete according your
description. ( something like a RAS disengageconfirm)  Furthermore I would
like to know the CRV value in the Q931 message part of the endpoint that
receives the release complete from gnugk. It has a 4 Byte value and looks
something like ABCD. Also need to know the same value that has been used
during call setup for exactly the same call.

This because like mentioned the only thing that I found out during my battle
against this issue was that not always the CRV value was set correctly
within the Release Complete message. This is a random number with the first
bit high or low depending its function.

The created workaround that I used was to handle (code)  the setup part and
release complete part for each call differently in the softswitch that I use
in between the terminating gateway and gnugk. This solved my problems with
sockets that were kept open due to hanging calls towards my terminating
gateway. ( It seems that the problem is only related to some providors
hardware also!)

As you mention you have a level 5 GNUGK dump available . It is also
neccesary to trace what happens at the both gateways ends to compare the
real setup and release complete messages.

Tjapko.