gnugk making calls via Cisco Gatekeeper network (security issue)

Hi folks,

I've browsed the mailing list archives and can't seem to find
an answer to my specific issue, so hopefully I'm not covering
old ground.

I have setup gnugk to allow my end users to register using a
variety of hardware/software.  Registered endpoints can call
each other and things are fine.  Authenticating using radauth
and it works perfectly.

I want to be able to allow my registered endpoints to make PSTN
calls via a service provider which has an established Cisco VOIP
network comprised of Cisco gateways around the country and an
IOS based Cisco gatekeeper.

They have not previously allowed external VOIP access to their
network.  Their Cisco gatekeeper configuration includes the IOS
"security token required-for all" command to make sure that all
gateways/endpoints must be both registered with the gatekeeper
before it will accept ARQ's from them.

This method also ensures that an IP endpoint (eg: gateway) can
not be used to make any PSTN calls on another gateway unless
the originating endpoint is registered & authenticated with
their gatekeeper.

The service provider has allocated me a username/password
token on the gatekeeper and I have tested this using my
Cisco 827-4V registered directly with their gatekeeper,
and I can make calls anywhere via their network.  Works
perfectly.

I am now trying to configure GnuGK to make calls via this
gatekeeper network.

I've tried configuring GnuGK as an endpoint of the service
provider's gatekeeper (it registers and authenticates using
Cisco Access Token just fine) and tried setting it up to be
a proxy for all calls coming from endpoints registered on my
GnuGK, but I keep getting security denial errors from the
service provider's gateways when placing calls.

Example topology:

Me at home

Analog phone

Cisco 827-4V registered to my GnuGK Proxy

GnuGK Proxy registered as an endpoint to Service Provider Cisco GK

Service Provider Cisco Gateways registered to Service Provider Cisco GK

  PSTN

My calls appear to be turning up on the SP gateways, so the GnuGK LRQs
and ARQs are being answered, but the Gateway's ARQ to it's gatekeeper
(to verify per-call authentication) is rejected due to security denial.

It seems like GnuGK is forwarding my 827-4V's security token all the way
through the foreign gateway, despite having used it's own security token
to admit the call to the Service Provider's gatekeeper!

Weird, huh?

Gnu gatekeeper config bits follows:

[RoutedMode]
GKRouted=0
H245Routed=0

#[Endpoint]
Gatekeeper=serviceprovider
Gatekeeper=192.168.0.1
Type=Gateway
H323ID=myh323id
Password=mypassword
Prefix=*
ARQTimeout=2

[Proxy]
Enable=1

[RadAuth and Auth sections removed for brevity, these work fine]

Now I've tried with/without proxy, with/without GKRouted, with/without H245Routed, all the combinations thereof, but I'm still getting nowhere.

Does anyone have any idea where am I going wrong?

Thanks for reading this far if you have already :-)

Cheers

Leigh

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: Perforce Software. Perforce is the Fast Software Configuration Management System offering advanced branching capabilities and atomic changes on 50+ platforms. Free Eval! http://www.perforce.com/perforce/loadprog.html _______________________________________________ List: Openh323gk-users@lists.sourceforge.net Archive: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=8549 Homepage: http://www.gnugk.org/