Call transfer...please help !!

Hi,i know i've been posting about this before but, after a long long search over the net, still my doubts arent't off completely. So what i'm kindly requesting here is :
1) In a scenario where the gatekeeper is GNUGK (on GNU/Linux Debian unstable with the latest PWLib and OpenH323 libraries), what do i need to hold, transfer etc. calls between endpoints ? Do i need something else ?
2) Speaking in general, is call transfer highly dependant on the gatekeeper software one is using or mostly on endpoints software/hardware ?
PLEASE PLEASE i've to figure out this..it's really important for me tounderstand if i've choosed the wrong gatekeeper or the wrong endpoints or both...because i can transfer call only with certain type of endpoints.

TIA and best regards,

Maurizio