Re: mrtg

Hi Cesar,

  Well, I can't paste my scripts in here, as they contain some proprietary sessioning
and accouting mechanisms, however, the concept is very simple. You need to remember
the following rules of thumb:

1. calculation is done every 15 minutes.
2. a successfull call is one of the following:
   a. A call that has completed with DisconnectCause=10H
   b. A call that had reached the DefaultCallTimeout in GnuGK. Calls that had reached
      the DefaultCallTimeout will not have a disconnect cause in the RadAcct table. However,
      if you had configured RadAcct=optional;start,stop,update, then the entry of the call
      will have a duration field very close to the DefaultCallTimeout. In that case, it is
      your responsibility to update the DisconnectCause on the call record to 10H and also
      update the AcctStopTime field to reflect the proper duration of the call.
3. If you would like to generate statistics for disconnect causes, try to limit it to the
   following causes:
   11H - User Busy
   13H - No answer from user
   1FH - Normal Clear, unspecified
   10H - Normal Call Clear
   21H - Circuit out of order
   22H - No Circuit Channel Available
   23H - Destination unattainable
   2AH - Congestion
4. According to the ITU standards, the definition of ASR is the number of calls with
   Duration>0 divided by the total number of calls. I've heard that some systems
   calculate ASR according to: (count(Duration>0)+count(DC=11H)+count(DC=13H))/count(calls).
   This calculation will boost ASR, but is not acceptable according to ITU standards.

Well, these are the main points. If you are asking me what to use for making the graphs,
it's a matter of personal taste. I know most people really like the MRTG style of graphs,
but I've used PHPlot, and I'm very happy with it.

Nir S

jah@fmlibertador.com.uy wrote:
Hi Nir,

i'm using radius too, modified to get the disconnect causes, is posible to
share your settings and configs? whitout confidencial data of course, if
it is not problem for you.

Cheers and good morning.

Hi Cesar,

  Well, all the information you are looking is easily obtainable if you
are using Radius. You would need to modify the sql.conf queries for
AcctStart
and AcctStop in order to obtain disconnect causes, but all the other
information
is available in there.

  I'm currently using FreeRadius, MySQL and PHPlot in order to generate
graphs
for the following paramaters:

  1. Average Success Ratio (ASR).
  2. Un-answered Calls Ratio (FSR).
  3. No-Circuit Calls Ratio (NSR).

  These 3 should give me a very clear picture on how a Route is
performing,
and also enable you to generate alerts accordingly. I'm generating the
information
on a 15 minutes basis, as any number less than 15 is meaningless.

Nir S

Click now! http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id78&alloc_id371&op=click