Re: h323-credit-time= && Session-TImeout

Hello P.,

Monday, January 5, 2004, 7:57:56 AM, you wrote:

PP> Hi, dear gnugk users.
PP> If somebody cares, at the end I describe a *possible* bug in
PP> gnugk or freeradius perl module.
PP> I tried to setup perl module in freeradius but had ALOT of
PP> troubles. I think people who tried it had also experienced this
PP> problem.

PP> In default simple configuration, authenticate function of
PP> perl module sets h323-credit-amount parametr of reply packet as
PP> follows: $RAD_REPLY{'h323-credit-amount'} = "100";
PP> Strugling for nearly an hour, I foud out that I needed
PP> 'h323-credit-TIME' (not 'h323-credit-AMOUNT') for limiting session
PP> time ;)... following logic of the provided example I replaced word
PP> amount with word time like this: $RAD_REPLY{'h323-credit-time'} =
PP> "100";
PP> BUT!! it still didn't work. I tried to replace
PP> $RAD_REPLY{'h323-credit-time'} = "100"; with
PP> $RAD_REPLY{'Session-Timeout'} = 100; but it still didn't work (in
PP> the latter case the string didn't take any effect at all!).
PP> In the radiusd -X there were the followin messages:
PP> Sending Access-Accept of id 13 to 192.168.199.1:40939
PP> 	h323-credit-time = "100"
PP> but gnugk instantly was rejecting the accepted call.
PP> When I traced all fields of received radius reply in gnugk
PP> (RadAliasAuth::Check(ARQ,...)) it turned out that there were no
PP> string like 'h323-credit-time=100' but the field contained only
PP> '100'.
PP> Changing in perl script the original string to
PP> $RAD_REPLY{'h323-credit-time'} = 'h323-credit-time=100'; fixed the
PP> problem!
PP> I have no idea what is the standart for this radius field,
PP> but original perl script from freeradius was configured to not to
PP> send correct string (if to follow the logic the very orignal
PP> string should also be changed to $RAD_REPLY{'h323-credit-amount'}
PP> = 'h323-credit-amount=100';

PP> Did I do something wrong??? What is the correct way to do this?
PP> There was not much harm if the h323-credit-time was sent in
PP> not correct form - gnugk simply rejected the call. But in case if
PP> I used $RAD_REPLY{'Session-Timeout'} = 100; There were no reaction
PP> - the call was unlimited! The most strange thing - it only had
PP> some partial reaction when I set it like this:
PP> $RAD_REPLY{'Session-Timeout'} = '100';   #integer is replace by string '100'
PP> In that case in radiusd -X there was reaction:
PP> Sending Access-Accept of id 13 to 192.168.199.1:40939
PP> 	Session-Timeout = 100
PP> But gnugk rejected the call (At the beginning I tried to use
PP> integer becase in dictionary it's declared as:
PP> ATTRIBUTE	Session-Timeout		27	integer)
PP> But even changing it to '100' didn't help. Solution was quite
PP> strange - I had to change in gnugk the part when there is a check
PP> for SessionTimeout: attr->AsString() replaced by attr->AsInteger()
PP> made it functioning well.
PP> It seems like a bug in gnugk or freeradius doesn't send an
PP> integer value as a string; Who is wrong in this case???

> [...]

 The correct h323-credit-time will be $RAD_REPLY{'h323-credit-time'} =  'h323-credit-time=100';
 And it's not a bug :);
 I have my own ALPHA :( version of billing for gnugk... there is
 ability to limit h323-credit-time. If you need, I can send you
 scripts. (unfortunately web interface is not ready yet... but I'm
 working on it).
--
Best regards,
 Mike                            mailto:mike@yes.net.ua