Re: Re: Proxy Logical channel 1 not found error

On Friday 19 December 2003 23:15, Daniel Liu wrote:
> Hi,
>     I had the same problem before. When I change codec setting of ATA186,
> it is ok. Please go through the trace log file carefully.I think it is
> because one party selected a wrong codec.Then it closed the already opened
> logic channel and reopen again.But gnugk can not deal with it correctlly.

i have seen this problem also. some gws are only able to report codec in
capability message but not adjust based on the other units capabilities. in
other words, one unit says it is only able to do g723 and the prefered codec
on the other end is another codec and they dont properly negotiage. i use
some atas and they seem able to negotiate codecs ok with termination
endpoints. some of the gws i experience have a decending list of preference
of codecs and you may try to adjust this. its difficult to troubleshoot since
the signaling messages are ok, call sets up then drops in 1 or 2 seconds with
just a release complete.

regards
ray