Re: How to authorizate outside calls?

Hi Jan,

  Well, sounds to me like an AAA and Accounting problem, rather than a
GnuGK configuration problem. My suggestion to solve the problem is like
this:

  a. Define a permanent endpoint for sending out calls into the world.
     The defined endpoint will have a special prefix assigned to it.
  b. Install a Radius server for AAA and Accounting (I use FreeRadius).
  c. Install the FreeRadius mySQL module.
  d. Create a table in your mySQL server that looks like this:
     Column Name | Column Type | Length
     ------------+-------------+--------
     ID          | INTEGER     | 6
     IPNUMBER    | VARCHAR     | 18
     ACTIVE      | INTEGER     | 1
     OUTLINE     | INTEGER     | 1
  e. The user dialplans are as following:
     Inside the H323 Network - 0#[local network number]
     Outside the H323 Network - 9#[outbound number]
  f. Modify FreeRadius's sql.conf file to make the authorize_check_query
     sql query make sure to take into consideration the IP number of the
     station and the ACTIVE and OUTLINE parameters - in accordance to
     the number that was dialed.

  This way, when a call will hit the GnuGK, a AAA request will come to
the radius, and only if the IP number of the originating station is
OUTLINE=1 and ACTIVE=1, a call can be placed to the outside world. If
OUTLINE=0 and ACTIVE=1, a call can be placed to the inner network only,
and if ACTIVE=0 the station is disabled.

  Well, this is just an idea, I'm sure the actual implementation takes a
bit more work, but this is the basic idea.

Jan Marek wrote:
Hallo,

I have one question:
I have net of gatekeepers and when I call between his endpoints,
I call without payment. But when I call outside this site, I mus
pay, thus I need authorize outside calls. Please, can you advice
me, how I do this?

I thank about this:

When I call outside this net, I dial some numbers, then char '#'
and then authorize code (or somethig similar).

Is my idea right?

How I can configure gatekeeper to do this?

Thanks a lot for advices...

Sincerely
Jan Marek

-- __________________________________________________________________ Nir Simionovich IT Manager m-Wise Ltd. e-Mail: nirs@m-wise.com cell: +972-54-482826