Re: Problems running 2.2.3 on RH9

> On Tuesday 09 December 2003 18:23, Nicholas Hart wrote:
>> Same issue has also been seen compiling static on 2.0.6/&.0.7 on Debian.
>> For that reason I simply don't bother with static libraries, which would
>> otherwise be my preference.  I suspect the problem is with
>> pwlib/openh323,
>> not gnugk.
>> Wonder how many people are actually using static versions......
>>

> my entire network is based on debian so i cant switch. yes this is
> correct,
> the problem appears to be related to pwlib. if i dont use make
> optnoshared,
> in what place should i put pwlib and openh323 in my file tree so that it
> can
> find the shared libs.
>
> regards
> ray

Two choices - one edit your /etc/ld.so.conf (don't recommend this if you
are wanting to have more than one version under test at a time), (don't
forget to say 'ldconfig' afterwards...(Mr Gates got one thing right...)),
or,

two (you will soon learn to type this so quickly you won't believe it).

run your executable as:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=something/pwlib/lib:somethingelse/openh323/lib \
anothersomething/gnugk

Or you might make a simple shell script to do that for you....

This solution is ideal as it allows you to run parallel versions of all
the different gnugk, pwlib and openh323 on one system, which is really
smart if you want to run e.g. Asterisk with chan_h323 on the same box....

nic