Need help with basic proxy system...

I have a Mitac MGW-2224 Home Gateway, it uses the
H.323 protocol and can take calls and put it on a
normal phone line. It's supposed to be connected to a
Gatekeeper in Taiwan. To access it, anyone else
connected to that Gatekeeper would dial 5+(phone
number).

Now, here's where the problem crops up. It used to
work when I used the Mitac as a router, since it would
be connected directly to the internet, and could
register on the gatekeeper fine and all that. But it's
pretty lousy as a router, occassionally cutting off
connections, very noticeable if anyone on the network
is playing a game on the internet (Enemy Territory,
for one...). So I decided to try to put it behind
another router, in this case, either Linux or FreeBSD
(I have both working as pure routers.). H.323 doesn't
seem to like NAT though. Now, when it tries to
register with the Gatekeeper in Taiwan, it tries to
register with it's internal LAN IP (192.168.1.12),
which can cause the obvious problems when someone
tries to dial in.

So I searched around a bit, and I found GnuGK, which
is supposed to be able to proxy this, apparently by
making the Mitac register with GnuGK, and then the
GnuGK registering with the Gatekeeper.

As far as I understand it, the Mitac is supposed to
register with GnuGK, and then GnuGK registers with the
remote gatekeeper.  So when calls come in, the GnuGK
forwards it to the Mitac?

Does anyone know how to set this up? (I've tried
several configs, mostly by modifying the proxy.ini and
child.ini together in the GnuGK etc directory that
comes with the linux binary).

Any help would be appreciated.