Re: Gk is slow, (lags 5 secs)

Hi Michal,

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Zygmuntowicz Michal wrote:

> A bit strange. The most amazing thing is 4-5 seconds pause between ARQ/ACF.

Yeah, and I've not had much luck with gdb which I cant make work with the
threads or strace which dies with operation not permitted when I tell it to run
with -f (fork) so I cant see what the slow part of the operation is. Any ideas
on how to better use these apps to stop the program and examine the stack?

Its not just ARQ/ACF.. if I telnet to the admin port and issue any command eg
'v' it has the same delay before producing output.

> What version of pwlib did you use? Some older versions had some problems
> with threads on RH9.

Versions are:

PWLib 1.5.2
OpenH323 1.12.2
GnuGK 2.0.6

> I assume that you browsed your full trace files and did not find any suspicious
> log messages between ARQ/ACF.

Nothing, it just looks like something is holding the thread up for a few
seconds..

Since my last email I have also installed the latest RPMs for glibc-* and
recompiled everything just in case..

Steve