GK network

Hello all,
If I have 5 gnugk located in different geographycal areas and all clients/endpoints can register with any of this gk using mysql password authentication. I would like to know what is the best way to keep all the authentication details.

Do I need to store all the authentication details in every gk and have a server(not gk) as a master database. This master db will update every gk's database say every 5 minute?

Or do I just configure all the gk to directly grab authentication details from the master db server?

I know there is RADIUS, but I have got few other gk(not gnugk) that does not support RADIUS. I try not to use RADIUS to standardise my network structure.

Any story or idea will be appreciated

LD