Re: CDR to ACCESS

On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 02:45:37PM +0800, Nico wrote:

=> Cany I save the CDR to ACCESS automatically? Any software can I use to do this function?

I'd say that's not so trivial thing to put about any data from the GK
directly to a database (considering it's entirely independent entity eg. a
software running on different host, different network etc.) without a
serious threat of loosing data (think of things like temporary network
conectivity problem, network congestion, database crash and so forth).
One would have to implement some kind of cacheing mechanism in case of the
possible problems mentioned above, and if the traffic volume for the GK is
high, it can become a problem aswell.

I'd suggest either using the just introducet FileAcc feature (writing CDRs
to a plaintext files directly from the GK), or a script to do about the same
just reading the data from the status port. Once you have the data fairly
safe (integrity-wise), you can postprocess it to your database - what i've
said earlier about failover procedure complexity applies here aswell, but in
the case of failure you still have the old plaintext file with CDRs to
postprocess once again.

You could use http://crypt.ecrof.com/~jacke/download/voip/monitor/index.html
as a starting point - the script demonstrates how to access all the fields
of a CDR for the current GnuGK.

--
k.