[Openh323gk-users] Re: Openh323gk-users digest, Vol 1 #625 - 12 msgs

A few hours ago I downloaded OpenH323 (v1.12.2) and PWLib (v1.5.2) from
www.openh323.org and OpenH323gk rv2_0 from the cvs and compiled them. I got
an error when I tried to run the configure.exe files in PWLib and OpenH323
folders as it stated that "This program cannot be run in DOS mode" and the
header file was not being created in the respective include folders. I then
replaced the configure.exe with those from the earlier versions - PWLib
v1.5.0 and OpenH323 v1.12.0 - and then ran them and was able to compile both
libraries successfully. I was then able to compile the OpenH323gk files too.
In both the current and immediately previous version of OpenH323 libraries,
if the configure.exe is not run, then an "error spawning c1.exe" will occur
on Win9x machines.

I compiled the above on a Win32 machine running Windows 98SE with all
updates and MS IE v6.0 SP1, DCOM98, MSDUN14, MSVC++ v6.0 on a Intel P4 -
2.4GHz with 512 MB RAM.

I do hope the developers of OpenH323 make their configure.exe correctly in
subsequent versions for use in Win9x machines just as their earlier versions
did.

Regards,
Ap.Muthu