Re: [Openh323gk-users] RADIUS + Child Gatekeepers

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Lipscombe" <markl@gasupnow.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2003 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Openh323gk-users] RADIUS + Child Gatekeepers

>   One question I do have is whether there is any commonly accepted
> mechanism to inform the client that their RRQ is partially accepted,
> especially where prefixes are involved?
> If there isn't such a mechanism, then perhaps it would be better to
> outright refuse the registration, rather than leaving endpoints
> wondering why things are only half working?

Endpoint receive in RCF a list of accepted aliases. But due to matters
of security, half working endpoints etc. we should simply reject
endpoint with invalid aliases now - and this logic should be hidden
inside radius backend - if h323-ivr-out contains invalid alias, then
Access-Reject will be sent. h323-ivr-in can be sent if other alias policy
is permitted, and the alias list should be updated.

My suggestion is to not bother with h323-ivr-in attribute now (let's place it in TODO)
and just make h323-ivr-out being sent. Another important this that this
should be present as an option in gk.ini file. Let's name this config variable like:

IncludeTerminalAlias = 1 or 0

and this option will be active only if "AppendCiscoAttributes" is also active,
since h323-ivr-out is Cisco VSA. h323-ivr-out should be formatted like:

h323-ivr-out = "terminal-alias:alias[,alias]...[;]"

optional semicolon can be emitted to prevent "missing ;" bugs
if other variable will be appended to h323-ivr-out.

More details on h323-ivr-out and other attributes can be found here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_programming_reference_guide09186a00800b5e17.html

---
Michal Zygmuntowicz