[Openh323gk-users] Calling Party Number Authentication - Walkthru

> Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:42:59 -0400
> From: Vance Shipley <vances@motivity.ca>
> >
> Folks,
>
> You should be aware that CLID is inherently insecure.
> You are probably safe to use it as long as the risk
> is not great.  If the rewards become large enough
> someone will abuse it.
>
> -Vance

Can you elaborate? As you will see from my original post, I noted that CLID is
configurable for any Endpoint, therefore we have combined CLID authentication
with a required AliasAuth. Also, we have the Endpoint Alias being passed to the
radius server in the Username field.

So, the Endpoint MUST register from a given IP, the ARQ MUST come from that
Endpoint for the Username to match in Radius, and the CLID MUST match a given
Calling-Station-Id for that Username in radius.

So effectively, we are using a combination of IP and h323Alias and CLID for
authentication.
Short of IP Spoofing to get around the AliasAuth, what other "inherently
insecurities" for abuse can you see?

Mark