Re: [Openh323gk-users] Bug in radius ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexandru Coseru" <alex_spam@distinctgroup.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 11:24 AM
Subject: Re: [Openh323gk-users] Bug in radius ?

> It is normal that when on an ARQ call  the radius authentification fails
> (like it's now with the Framed-Ip-Address behaviour)  , the endpoint to be
> unregistred from gk ?
> It should only disallow the call , but not unregister the endpoint.....

Currently if radius authentication fails on ARQ, ARJ is sent to the endpoint
but it remains registered with GK. Did you notice another behaviour?

> I'm talking about it ,  in planning of introducing the new attribute
> Session-Timeout..
> So , maybe the client doesn't have credit to call  , but sure that he can
> receive calls...  But if the gk unregisters him , that would not be possible
> any more...

It depends on what way would you choose. You can let your radius server
to differentiate between Access-Request with Service-Login = Login (call originator)
and with Service-Login = Call-Check (call destination). For one you can return
Session-Timeout, for the other no. Or you can decide at GK level - if answering
the call, then do not interpret call duration limit attributes.

---
Michal Zygmuntowicz