Re: [Openh323gk-users] Bug in radius ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexandru Coseru" <alex_spam@distinctgroup.net>
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 1:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Openh323gk-users] Bug in radius ?

> "So I put in Framed-IP-Address IP of the call origin, not destination..."
> Well , I guess that this is a security "bug"..
> If so , I have to associate the username "gigel"   with the both ip's....
>     In Radius it would be:               gigel :
> Framed-Ip-Address:192.168.0.135
>                                                    gigel :
> Framed-Ip-Address:192.168.0.136
>     But .....
>     If host  192.168.0.135 changes his alias from "alex"  to gigel , then it
> will be authentificated in gatekeeper , and all the accounting for that IP
> would be done
>             for user "gigel" ..........   And so , the user with
> 192.168.0.135 would happily talk to everbody , because 192.168.0.136 is
> paying the bill.. :)

Real call authentication/authorization should take place only for Access-Requests
with Service-Type = Login, not Call-Check. But you convinced me to change
Framed-IP-Address behaviour, should be in cvs soon along with NM fix.

Anyway, even with Framed-IP-Address being always associated with Username,
your network is not more secure at all. Imagine me behing NAT:) I change my IP
to 192.168.0.136, alias to gigel and sit talking happily to everybody too, unless you have
some firewall rules for each your customer.

I have never liked alias authentication...

---
Michal Zygmuntowicz