From: 	openh323gk-users-admin@lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:openh323gk-users-admin@lists.sourceforge.net]  On Behalf Of
Zygmuntowicz Michal
Sent:	Tuesday, July 15, 2003 9:18 AM
To:	Alexandru Coseru; openh323gk-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject:	[Openh323gk-users] Re: Radius Session-Timeout

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexandru Coseru" <alex_spam@distinctgroup.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 3:51 PM
Subject: Re: Radius Session-Timeout

> By using Session-Timeout or h323-credit-time   , it should do it..
> But the client needs to support this..  And as far as I know , there are
> only few clients which actually takes thoose ...
> For instance , NetMeeting doesn't....
> Although I have a slightly different ideea..
> How about a cronjob to check in for radius session-timeout  (like a SELECT
> in the database  (i'm using RADIUS with pgsql))  and if session-timeout is
0
> , then do a telnet to 7000 and give an unregisterip  (ori alias)
> Any other ideeas ?

I think you misunderstood me - CallRec::SetTimer(int) sets internal call
timeout
for gk and this timeout is monitored continuosly by gnugk for each active
call.
This has nothing to do with CallDurationLimit field sent in ACF or similar
things.
And SetTimer(int) works fine in many gnugk installations I have seen.

The only problem is that when authentication/authorization is made on ARQ,
no CallRec object is yet created for the call, so you cannot call
CallRec::SetTimer()
from GkAuthenticator derived class. You have to store call timeout value
and use it later with SetTimer(), after CallRec object for the call is
instantiated.

I think Chih-Wei Huang could come here with some ideas, as he develops
actively whole RAS subsystem.

The simpliest solution would be to authorize call when H.225 Setup message
is received - you then already have CallRec object instantiated. But there
are other caveats here (despite Setup authentication is missing).

---
Michal Zygmuntowicz

www.parasoft.com/bulletproofapps1