[Openh323gk-users] running gnugk behind NAT FW

Hi,

I'm trying to set up gnugk behind a firewall and everything works for
hosts inside the FW, but when an incoming call comes in from the
outside, I can't make a connection.

The gk is running on a host with ip 192.168.1.23 (cyclops), and I'm
trying to establish a connection from a host with a public IP address
(marvin).  The firewall (smoothwall) is configured to forward the
relevant ports to cyclops.  Here's the topology:

  marvin <--> internet <--> smoothwall <--> cyclops

If I run ohphone on marvin and tell it to use smoothwall as the
gatekeeper, the gatekeeper on cyclops receives one packet and
responds with another, but ohphone on marvin seems to ignore the
response, and eventually times out with "Error registering with
gatekeeper".

The gatekeeper logs (I'm running with -ttt) list this:

gatekeeperConfirm {
    requestSeqNum = 50849
    protocolIdentifier = 0.0.8.2250.0.4
    gatekeeperIdentifier =  10 characters {
      004f 0070 0065 006e 0048 0033 0032 0033   OpenH323
      0047 004b                                 GK
    }
    rasAddress = ipAddress {
      ip =  4 octets {
        c0 a8 01 17                                        ....
      }
      port = 1719
    }
  }

as the response.  The ip c0 a8 01 17 corresponds to the internal
address 192.168.1.23, but I think this should be the external
address associated with smoothwall, no?  How do I tell gnugk to
use the external address of the firewall for hosts outside of the
internal network?  The changelog seems to suggest this is possible
for gnugk 2.0.2 and later.  Is this possible, or do I need some sort
of h323 specific packet mangling to be running on the firewall?

Thanks,

Eric Sharkey