Re: [Openh323gk-users] about Radius

I'm not looking to start a war here, but I see absolutely no need for
RADIUS. RADIUS was hacked together for dial up, then someone got the
bright idea to hack it into a VoIP Gateway. I see even less of a need
for Windows, especially anything demanding real-time attention.

RADIUS adds another layer of potential failure. Not only do you have to
worry about keeping your database running you gotta keep your RADIUS
server running also. Plus, every vendor out there has specific
attributes (VSAs) which you have to first decipher and then hope they
are correct (*ahem* Quintum and Cisco)

If you are starting a new termination provider you really need a system,
not just a bunch of components that you have to somehow glue together.

I suggest you check out the Asterisk PBX project. http://www.asterisk.org/

Jeremy McNamara