Re: Next steps for GNU Classpath

I would have to agree with most of what Guillermo said.

Small footprint is key, and is again especially relevant as JamVM 2.0.0 was released July 31 this summer.

JamVM 2.0.0 includes support for several new features of the Java programming language and runtime.

Just out of curiosity, I know that there has been some Classpath work done already toward the JDWP, but is anyone aware of a runtime (aside from gcj) that makes use of that feature?

I would like to bring JDWP support to JamVM, even if it only enabled for debug builds (to not add extra weight to production systems). Is there a great demand for that in the community?

Thanks,