From: classpath-bounces@xxxxxxx [classpath-bounces@xxxxxxx] on behalf of Andrew Hughes [gnu.andrew@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:44 PM
To: Matthias Klose
Cc: classpath@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: GNU Classpath Summer of Code 2013

----- Original Message -----
> Am 28.05.2013 17:51, schrieb Mario Torre:
> > On Tue, 2013-05-28 at 16:00 +0200, Elisa D'Eugenio wrote:
> >> Hello! I'm Elisa and I'm taking part to Google Summer of Code 2013
> >> with GNU Classpath project. I proposed one of the projects, the new
> >> Gtk3 Look and Feel for OpenJDK, and it was accepted.
> >> I'm looking forward to start this project. It's a big opportunity for
> >> test my knowledge and work this summer in my job field. I would like
> >> to keep project discussion on swing-dev cause the code is managed by
> >> this group. I hope to have a little bit of help if I ever need.
> >> Thanks
> >
> > Hi Elisa,
> >
> > Welcome!
> >
> > For the record, together with the GNU Classpath and IcedTea communities
> > we decided to do this experiment, and allocated one resource to help
> > students to be introduced to OpenJDK development. The project is still
> > part of the GNU Classpath umbrella and will be followed by GNU Classpath
> > people. If the experiment will succeed, we may try to turn next year
> > into a proper organisation fully dedicated to OpenJDK.
> >
> > I will be mentoring Elisa, and the code will be probably hosted on the
> > icedtea server once ready for use (although for the time being we will
> > develop the code on an external repository until everything is set
> > correctly).
> >
> > Once again, welcome Elisa!
>
> Welcome!
>
> Just to clarify, this is not to update Classpath to Gtk3 as well?

No, that will be the work of my student, Farshad Muhammad.

I don't know why this was posted to the GNU Classpath list as its only relation to
the project is that it had to enter GSoC under the GNU Project, as OpenJDK once again
failed to enter itself as an organisation.

--
Andrew :)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

PGP Key: 248BDC07 (https://keys.indymedia.org/)
Fingerprint = EC5A 1F5E C0AD 1D15 8F1F  8F91 3B96 A578 248B DC07