Re: [GSoC 2013] projects information

From: Andrew Hughes <gnu.andrew@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Claudiu Olteanu <olteanu.claudiu@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: classpath@xxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 11:50 PM
Subject: Re: [GSoC 2013] projects information

----- Original Message -----
> My name is Claudiu Olteanu, I'm from Bucharest, Romania and I study at the
> University 'Politehnica' of Bucharest, the Faculty of Automatic Control and
> Computers Science. I'm a third year student and I would like to participate
> to GSoC this summer. After I took a look at the projects list I decided that
> it would be interesting and motivating to work on one of these projects :
> - Update the SQL interfaces
> - Update the JMX implementation
> - Add more ImageIO support
> - Add more sound support
>
> I will appreciate it if you give me more details about them and some advice
> that can put me on track.
>

> You can find my CV here[1] in case you want to know more about me.
>
> Regards,
> Claudiu
>
> [1] -
>  https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwSntkUS-WYzVUVoZkYxdzNvNmc/edit?usp=sharing

> I take it you've read:

http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/GoogleSoC2013

Yes I  read that.

> Can you be more specific about what details you require? What you're asking here
> is pretty broad.

For example: If I want to apply for Update the SQL interfaces idea what can I do for now?
Should I start to implement the missing classes/methods? Should I try to resolve a bug or
build the sources and concentrate on the application.
Also I don't understand if I have to do this from scratch or there is a model to follow.

What about "Add more sound support" idea. Who are the providers mentioned?